Sounds simple right? Place order, drive round to window, hand off money, receive bag of food, drive home or to the park and enjoy your meal. This is true most of the time, but sometimes things don’t quite line up right, like when a Big Mac devotee tears into his bag, flips open the styrofoam box and finds…. a fish sandwich. This is exactly what we strive to avoid at Kintronics. That’s why we ask so many questions.
How wide an area do you want to view? How far away is the viewing area? This determines the best lens to use.
If you’re looking for an IP camera system, we want to make sure we specify the right camera. We don’t want you to open the box and get any unpleasant surprises. That’s why we ask
- What is the lighting at night? This determines the low light sensitivity required and whether we should suggest lighting.
- Are the cameras to be used indoors or outdoors? This determines whether we should suggest day/night cameras and enclosures.
- What is the environment – salt air, etc? This determines if you need special enclosures IP66.How cold and hot does it get? This determines if a heater and blower is required.Are you watching people gambling, walking, moving cars? How fast are they moving? This determines the frame rate required.
- How many cameras do you need? This determines what software, computer and storage is required.
Maybe you’re in the market for an access control system? In that case, be prepared to let us know
- How many doors do you want to control?
- Indoor or outdoor?
- What type of lock do you need
- How many people will control the credentials and access
- What type of credential do you prefer – HID or Isonas?
If you’re looking for paging or PA over IP we need to determine the correct sound level output (decibel [dB]), the number and type of speakers, consoles, amplifiers, and transformers , and whether power supplies or PoE is best. So be prepared for
- In how many areas do you want sound?
- What is the background noise level?
- Indoors or outdoors?
- How large is each of the areas?
- What type of ceilings do you have – solid drop, etc.?
Like a Big Mac, some systems may fit many customers needs, but that doesn’t mean this is a one solution fits all world. So when you call, make sure we know your objectives and feel free to send us pictures, diagrams, even maps. This way we can perform an engineering analysis and ensure you get what you expect. At the heart of it, Kintronics is an engineering company, providing engineering specific and complete system solutions for each application.
If you need some engineering assistance please contact us. We can be reached at 914-944-3425 or 1-800-431-1658 (in the USA), or use our contact form.